Saturday, January 10, 2004

Better Late than Never

  • I hate being the last to know, but I came across some info on the 'net that Velocity Girl had recorded a NEW song released early in 2003 called "It's All Alright By Me" which was released on a web-only mp3 compilation called Flirt. Check out ExcellentOnline to download a FREE two volume compilation in MP3 format of "old-fashioned love songs, indie rock style". Includes other songs by the likes of Mark Gardener(of Ride), Cinerama and other lesser known artists.

    Wow, a new Velocity Girl song! The question remains: will they be releasing a new album? Indierock fans want to know!


  • Late entry to my Best of 2003-CD's list : I purchased the Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Fever to Tell" today. (I purchased it for $9.99 CDN at Sunrise Records. Why can't more CD's be priced this cheap?) Totally amazing CD! The band makes alot of noise with only 3 members. And I'll have to give credit to a Miss Karen O, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs vocalist for energizing the music which could have easily been a so-so garage punk band.


  • By a stroke of luck, while surfing the net, I recognized the band that I saw on The Sharon Osbourne Show yesterday. I missed the name of the band yesterday but they really intrigued me. They were sort of a white boy-funky outfit, with Chic-inspired guitar and call and responce vocal arrangements and the song they performed reminded me of a mix between Beck and Daft Punk. The band was Junior-Senior and they performed a song called "Move Your Feet". Funky stuff. Get down and boogie!

No comments:

Post a Comment