Friday, January 30, 2004

The Metric System

  • EXCLAIM!*@# finally have their web site updated, which means the new issue of the newspaper must be out. On this issue's cover is a band called The End who are a Brampton, Ontario band apparently making waves in the underground metal scene. (Metal is one genre of music I've never gotten into.) There's something about EXCLAIM!*@#'s choices of artists for their covers which is both frustrating but ultimately rewarding: sometimes they choose an artist that I have absolutely heard nothing about, and initially I think, who the f*!k is this band; a past example was when they put the band Metric on the cover, who I had never heard of; however in time, I found out how wonderful a band Metric was which led me to purchase their CD; my main criticism(at least in the example of Metric) was that I thought that EXCLAIM!*@# jumped the gun by putting Metric on the cover before there was a really a buzz about the band; as I said above, it's frustrating to see a band you've never heard of on the cover of a magazine ...and I'm considering myself sort of knowledgeable about music(ie. I've usually at least heard of an artist's name if not actually heard their music). Oh well, it's my two cents....And to state for the record, Metric are an awesome band!


  • Attention all Sloan Fans: Official Sloan Site: Jay Ferguson’s audio tour of Toronto to be featured on CBC Radio 3 Saturday night (Jan 31st)


No comments:

Post a Comment