Monday, January 19, 2004

The Waiting Game

  • So yesterday while I was at the bookstore, I came across GrandSlam magazine, based out of the UK, which had an interview with Portishead! I scanned the pages and there were several interesting photos of the members of the band. I didn't get a chance to read the interview. The magazine was $12.50 CDN so I decided against buying it. When I was home in the evening, I had surfed the 'net for some info about this interview, and apparently this is the first interview Portishead has done in advance of the new album, which should hopefully be coming out this year. I've been a big fan of the band since the beginning. I was on a Portishead e-mail list for a while. I never made the effort to go see them live. I think the band was in my neck of the woods[Toronto, Canada] at least twice. After I saw their PNYC video[released on DVD several years later] several years ago, I've regretted not seeing the band live. And ever since then, I've been waiting for a new album and new tour dates. Beth Gibbons didn't even come to Toronto on her recent duo[Gibbons/Rustin Man] outing. The waiting game is painful. So I'll be heading back to the book store today, since I have a day off work, to buy the magazine.


  • Tomorrow, the Belle and Sebastian 'Fans Only' DVD is finally released in Canada! Hopefully this will make up for missing them when they played in Toronto several months ago. Maybe not.


  • The makings of a Hollywood movie:


  • Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream will be hosting his own Fantasy Festival on BBC 6music on Saturday January 24 and Sunday January 25, 2004. Check out the site for a listing of his selections from the BBC live archives which he will be playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment