Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!


  • The wait is finally over! I purchased the Belle and Sebastian 'Fans Only' DVD this evening for $23.99 at HMV. The DVD is in a slim hard plastic case[if you've purchased the recent Bjork 'Greatest Hits' DVD you'll know what I mean]. There's not much of a booklet. According to the sticker on the plastic wrapping, the DVD contains:

    "More than 2 hours of footage and dozens of songs, including a feature-length documentary with all the promo videos, live performances, interviews, outtakes, TV appearances, early documentary footage, exclusive material and behind-the-scenes insights into the evolution of the band. ..."

    I sampled a bit of the DVD tonight. Truly awesome amount of footage. I can't wait to watch it in its entirety!


  • Just got this e-mail from Nirmala of awesome Toronto band controller.controller in response to an e-mail I sent the band in September 2003:

    "hey mike,

    finally - and when i say finally, i mean february 24th - we're
    releasing a
    record. see the paper bag site for details
    (http://www.paperbagrecords.com)!

    thanks for asking,
    nirmala."


    I predict big things for the band in 2004. I saw the band during the 2003 Pop Montreal festival and they blew me away! Nothing better describes their music than the band's own definition: "Danceable post-punk from Toronto, ON, controller.controller wed propulsive, angular rock structures with minimalist death-disco accents and grooves". The controller.controller web site should be up and running in the near future in anticipation of their debut cd. And according to the Paperbag Records web site, the band's going to be playing in Brampton in February. It's just down the road from me. Excellent!


  • set your VCR's tonight: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jimmy Kimmel Live , ABC


  • Well, I saw Death Cab For Cutie perform on The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn yesterday. I never heard their music until yesterday and they totally blew me away! ....So while surfing the 'net today I came across a page with some live Death Cab For Cutie mp3's I thought I'd share. Check out the Death Cab For Cutie Tour History site and go to the media section>live mp3 section. Download them while you can!


  • guilty pleasure of the moment: American Idol. Season 3 kicked off yesterday. What makes some people think they can sing, I'll never know. But then without the painfully bad singers, the show wouldn't be half as fun(or funny) to watch. Simon Cowell, keep up the good work.


  • "Would you like to supersize that?" Hell no! Toronto Star:Mcdonald's Launches `Go Active' campaign.


  • Bad karma or fluke: National Post: "Lenny knicks Raptors
    New York 90 Toronto 79: Wilkens unbeaten in New York, Raptors 0-2 without Carter"

No comments:

Post a Comment