Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Snow-y Day!


  • Toronto Star: Storm's second wave lashes GTA

    The following is how my day unfolds:


    • Drove to subway station and took the subway to work this morning, rather than drive to work. Thanks for the advice Nalini(of Breakfast Television on CityTV)!


    • Snow gradually grows heavier as the day progresses. I work through the morning, have lunch, and continue to work during the afternoon.


    • Management at work decides that most staff can leave early to get home because of the weather. It's about 3 pm, a whole 2 hours before I usually leave. Woohoo!


    • Someone at work agrees to drive me to the subway station. He goes to warm up the car while I pack up my stuff. Finally, got my stuff together, jacket's on, I walk out the door, and damn is the snow heavy. I'm glad I didn't drive all the way to work because the roads must have been treacherous. And they were, if my 5 minute ride to the subway was any indication. (Whiteouts, if I ever saw one!) Get to the subway.


    • I decide to go downtown to go shop for some CD's(Air's 'Talkie Walkie' and Stereolab's 'Margerine Eclipse' are both out today!; I didn't end up buying either.)


    • Went to Chapters, where I ended up buying(at 75% off the regular price!), the following:


    • Went to Indigo Books, where I bought(again at 75% off the regular price; Chapters and Indigo are part of the same company):


      • Chilton, Alex - Set


    • Between stores, I decide to take a long walk downtown. As bad as the weather seemed for driving, it was actually really relaxing to walk through the downtown streets as it snowed. It's that 'New York' moment I've always wanted to experience [except I was in Toronto ;-) ] ; there's something quite serene when the city falls under a blanket of snow.


    • Checked out some other stores such as Sam the Record Man, HMV, etc.. but I didn't end up buying anything else.


    • Headed back on the subway to the station where I parked my car. Got to the station. Spent about 10 minutes wiping off the snow from my car[yes there was that much!]. Drove home safely.


    • Got home. Spent another 20 minutes to half an hour shovelling snow off the driveway.


    • I'm inside taking a load off my feet! (although I just realized that I have to go to the grocery store...oh brother)



  • 100th episode of Angel: Over the last couple of seasons I haven't managed to catch many episodes. I remember when I used to be an avid fan of the show especially when Buffy The Vampire Slayer was still on. Maybe I'll start watching the show again.


  • Showcase will be broadcasting an episode of the BBC television series, as well as Golden Globe winner, The Office at 10 pm EST. I got to see what all the hype is about!


  • Just checked out the Astralwerks site for Air. Lo' and behold: tour dates are now up! The Toronto date is as follows:


    • Apr. 17: Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus


No comments:

Post a Comment