Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Houston, we have a problem


  • Watched American Idol tonight. The show was in Houston. My impression was that the judges were digging deep to pick singers to go to Hollywood. The guy who semi-threw the glass of water at Simon(before security came rushing in) is a fucking loser. The security guards should have busted his ass right there on camera. Houston really has some crappy singers.


  • dotmusic reports that The Cure have been confirmed to be one of the headliners of the Coachella festival. Woohoo! Now I got worry about if I'll actually be making the trip this year. This year's festival is shaping up to be a good one!


  • from the official Stereolab site:

    "... forthcoming North American tour.

    March 31st - Portland - Crystal Ballroom

    April 1st -Vancouver - Commodore Ballroom
    2nd - Seattle - Showbox
    6th - Minneapolis - First Avenue
    8th - St Louis - The Pageant

    More dates to follow soon."


    I'm just waiting for the Toronto date and all will be well in the world. :-) I am determined to see Stereolab live for the very first time!


  • While perusing the Indiepop List Archives, I came across a site which has a mix CD in mp3 format for download. For indiepop/indierock fans! Download it while you can. Click here to view the tracklisting. BTW, I used to subscribe to the Indiepop List, especially during the mid to late nineties when I was really into indiepop music, but the e-mail traffic is murder.


  • I've never watched The O.C. before but it just happens to be on television while I'm on the computer. They've played a couple of Clinic songs in the background so far. Cool!


  • Check out Nexus Underground if you're a fan of indie rock. There's a lot of mp3's for your sampling pleasure. There is also band information, band interviews, some reviews, and an on-line shop. I came across the site while searching the 'net for some Death Cab for Cutie mp3's(to sample of course!).


  • Just imagine the tax refund! 680 News: Joan Kroc, widow to hamburger giant -- "Mcdonald's" founder, Ray Kroc has given a one-time cash donation of $1.5-billion U.S. to the Salvation Army.

No comments:

Post a Comment