Friday, July 16, 2004

Friday


  • Ben Gibbard of Death Cab For Cutie @ Coachella 2004: photo by Mike LigonIt's Friday. I originally booked off today and Monday July 19, 2004, to possibly go to New York City over the weekend to go to the Siren Music Festival, featuring headliners Death Cab For Cutie and a slew of other good indie bands, and to do some sightseeing. I never got any friends on board for the trip because I was waiting for airfares to go down until as recently as last week. Well, I'm not going unfortunately, which is all the more a slap in the face now that airfares to New York City have recently gone down. I'm still taking today and Monday off. What else is there  to do this weekend now that I have a four day weekend? Well there's the Beaches Jazzfest this weekend. Otherwise, here's some news below:

    The Toronto Star reports that Toronto Bluesfest organizers aren't saying never with regards to organizing the festival in the future.

    Death Cab For Cutie will be performing "Title and Registration" on the "McEnroe Show" Tuesday, July 20. McEnroe...as in John McEnroe. You'll need cable television. The show airs on CNBC at 10 pm and repeats at 1 am. Info from the official band site.

    Martha Stewart is going to jail. I think it's way too harsh. Five months locked up seems like a long time. On top of that she was also sentenced to five months of home confinement, as well as two years of probation. And as far as I've heard, she'll likely be going to a prison camp, not some luxurious spa. And once again, the American legal system boggles my mind.

    No Toronto date for the final Guided By Voices tour.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment