Saturday, July 31, 2004

Destroy All Codes


  • King Cobb Steelie - Destroy All CodesFirst a couple of King Cobb Steelie news bits. King Cobb Steelie have a new website. It's still under contruction but hopefully there'll be some useful information there soon. Even under construction, it's a light year better than their previous site.

    Anyone pick up the new King Cobb Steelie CD "Destroy All Codes" yet? [On a sidenote, I've noticed that the title was shortened from the previous "Destroy All Codes Now"; I wonder why.] I'll be getting it for sure but from what I've read here and here, it's a mostly instrumental affair, with only one song with [female]vocals. Too bad. Their previous CD "Mayday" was absolutely stunning, especially with the addition of Tamara Williamson's vocals on several tracks and I was hoping for more of the same on the new CD. I'm just hoping that the instrumentals on the new CD are interesting enough to motivate repeated listening. At least NOW has given me hope.

    concert announcement: King Cobb Steelie have also been added to the Gobsmacked festival at Harbourfront! They will be performing on August 29th at 4:30 pm in the Brigantine Room.


  • Dropped by the Hot and Spicy Food Festival at Harbourfront yesterday and caught Cibelle and Breakestra live at the CIBC stage[I love free concerts!]. Until I can get some new batteries for my digital cam or until I can buy an AC adapter, I won't be able to upload my photos to my computer so I'll hold off on the review for now. But I must say Cibelle's music is a delectable mix of bossa nova rhythms, subtle electronic sounds, organic/acoustic instrumentation, and downtempo trip-hop aesthetics. And she did a great acoustic version of Nirvana's "About A Girl". Very cool.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment