Friday, July 09, 2004

Pacific Theme


  • Broken Social Scene @ Coachella 2004: photo by Mike LigonIt's the Broken Social Scene edition.

    You've probably already heard the news but Broken Social Scene were added to the Olympic Island concert in Toronto on August 7, 2004, a bill that already includes the cream of Canada's crop like Sloan, Sam Roberts, Pilate, Death From Above, The Arcade Fire, Buck 65, The Constantines, and The Stills.

    I read at chromewaves today that Broken Social Scene will be playing a free concert at Harbourfront in Toronto on August 27, 2004, as part of the Gobsmacked festival. Freakin' awesome! Aren't Gobsmacked a band? ;-) Well the Harbourfront web site expresses Gobsmacked as "showcasing the tremendously unusual, strange, funny and unique coming out of the arts and beyond." I wonder what category Broken Social Scene fall under?

    I was perusing the Broken Social Scene forum[at the arts and crafts web site] today, and I came across two great links[one a download(in mp3 format) and the other streaming media]:

    1) Several weeks back or so, I had mentioned that some dude at the Broken Social Scene forum had posted a link to a live concert of the band in Ottawa from December 2002 and that he was planning to post a second live concert of the band in Ottawa from December 2003. Well, apparently he posted the link on June 30, 2004, but he chose to post it under a different topic, so I missed it the first couple times I checked the forum. But at least I found it. The quality of the current show is better than the first one. And I'm swooning to the live version of "Pacific Theme" which I've chosen as my official summer song[well actually, I'm just repeating something that I said back in May].

    2) I also came across a link to streaming video of the band performing "Anthem for a Seventeen Year-Old Girl" at a small venue in the Netherlands. Great video quality. It's a shame that more people hadn't show up.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment