Sunday, January 15, 2006

365 Tunes

365 Tunes Page-A-Day Calendar(2006)I couldn't resist but purchase the 365 Tunes Page-A-Day Calendar(2006). Even better, it was 75 % off the regular price. I bought mine at Coles, but you should be able to pick it up at any of your local Chapters/Indigo bookstores in Canada. Americans and foreigners, I leave it up to you to track it down yourselves. Nicely compiled by Michaelangelo Matos(check out his blog), author and music editor for the Seattle Weekly, the daily song/playlist recommendations run the gamut from indie rock, motown, punk, soul, r'n'b, hip-hop, country and so-on. An excerpt from the back of the box that the calendar came in gives a nice preview of the pages contained within:
"Crunk, power pop and The Marvelettes, Delta Blues and Joey Ramone, DNA, Dillinger, Neko Case and Portishead, Atmosphere and acid rock, Jimi, Bruce, Miles, Sly, Smokey, the Velvets, U2 -- and a gorgeously chilling country ballad by Patty Loveless, 'You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive'."

I'm tempted to read the whole 365 days at once because from my cursory flip-through it's really interesting. Even with all the music CD's I buy, the calendar makes me think how narrow my musical tastes really are. Well, here's to a broadening of musical horizons in 2006...and yes, I will be patient and read each page as each day comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment