Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The World According To Robin

Robin Williams @ Oasis in TorontoWith the last concert I went to being the Stars show at Lee's Palace on December 15 '05, it's been a long month so far. I'm looking forward to the Hard-Fi show at the Horseshoe Tavern this Friday and the Broken Social Scene show at Kool Haus this Saturday. ...And then maybe I'll have something original to write in this blog. In the meantime, here come more links!

Watch a video of Robin Williams(who's in Toronto for something; work?) performing some impromptu(?) stand-up comedy recently at Oasis in Toronto. The self-deprecating humour bits were the best parts of the video, especially the part when he says, "I'm ok with my career...working in this club tonight has made me aware that I, I really need a job..." I'd thought I'd grown tired of his humour, but no, he's still got it. [via Stille Post]

Mocking Music has its Top Ten Most Interesting Indie Covers & Remixes...Ever!, complete with mp3's for download.

Ted Leo/Pharmacists have been added to the Live Music Archive so expect some live shows to be added in the future. [via Largehearted Boy]

Thanks to Neiles Life(via superfriendzsite) for bringing to my attention that The Superfriendz will finally return to the studio later this month to record a new record!

The Village Voice speaks with Nellie Mckay about her 'liberating' feelings towards her 'departure' from Columbia Records.

Amore Music speaks with Natalia of The Dears. [via The Dears Message Board]

Toronto-area concert announcements:
  • Tina Dico @ The Drake Hotel, March 4th [via Emerge]

  • Howe Gelb @ Horseshoe Tavern, March 5th [via Pollstar]

  • Liars @ Lee's Palace, June 21st [via Pollstar]

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment