Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Canadian Amp

Neko CaseI'm a litte surprised that up to this point, Neko Case's new album "Fox Confessor Brings The Flood"(scheduled for release on March 7th) hasn't leaked. For the most part, I've given up downloading album leaks of the artists that I most cherish. It'll be that much sweeter to hear Neko's album when it's officially released. Still, other than the "Fox Confessor Brings The Flood" EPK which had audio snippets of a couple of the new songs, I haven't heard any other of the new songs. So to tide everyone over, thanks to Kofi's Hat for providing a download of Neko's new song "Star Witness" which is included with the sampler CD that goes along with the February 2006 issue of Uncut. I listened to "Star Witness" several times and have come to the following conclusion...March 7th feels like an eternity away.

As an added Neko bonus, and only because her 2001 EP "Canadian Amp" is difficult to come by, I direct you to That Girl Needs Therapy who's provided a download of the EP. I highly recommend it and I also recommend everyone picking up a physical copy whenever you come across it. [photo from http://../]

I surfed across the Yeti Magazine website yesterday and decided to order a copy of the new issue(#3). The new issue is a 240 page book and includes a 27-song CD. The new issue includes a Neko Case article which I'll be interested in reading and the CD compilation looks great also. With the US exchange rate, it's about $15.00 CDN and you can order using PayPal.

Watch a live video of Feist performing "Mushaboom" at an instore at Good Records in Dallas Tx.

In my quest for 2006 to listen to more new artists, I direct you to Yer Mam!'s NEXT BIG THINGS FOR 2006 MIXTAPE...well actually mp3's, but you no what I mean. Some artists we've heard of, others I haven't heard of. I'm sure some of it's interesting. And you can download Guillemots' "Trains For Brazil" too! If you saw my previous post, you already know how much I love that song!

Productshop NYC has available for download the Beck-covering-Nick Drake session(ie. three songs, "Which Will", "Pink Moon", "Parasite") which are(were?) currently streaming at Beck's official website.

silence is a rhythm too spotlights Hard-Fi, with a download of their b-side "Sick Of It All". I mentioned back in July 2005 that I was impressed with them, so I'm looking forward to confirming that impression when I check them out at their Toronto debut on January 20th at the Horseshoe Tavern.

Watch the video for Belle and Sebastian's new song "Funny Little Frog". [via Villains Always Blink]

No comments:

Post a Comment