Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Funny Little Frog

While I already knew that The Gossip were playing in Toronto at X-Space on March 29th, I noticed over at Kork(the booking agency) that UK indie-poppers Comet Gain will be joining them. Or did someone over at Kork get asterisk-happy and mistakenly indicate Comet Gain to play in Toronto? The Kill Rock Stars site indicates that Comet Gain have a TBA show scheduled for March 29th.

Serena Maneesh has a show at Lee's Palace on March 30th. Is this the must-see show of the year, for a person whose music I haven't heard a note of but I've read the name on the 'net countless times?

Belle and Sebastian were in session yesterday January 30, 2006 on BBC Radio 2's Mark Radcliffe show. They performed four songs interspered throughout the hour and half show, including THE BLUES WILL STILL BE BLUE, TO BE MYSELF COMPLETELY, DRESS UP IN YOU, and FUNNY LITTLE FROG. Listen here(link up for a week only).

Update: B(oot)log alerted me in the comments that he's ripped the session(to mp3) and has graciously offered them for download at his site. Yay to B(oot)log once again!

NPR has the Colin Meloy/Laura Veirs solo acoustic sets for download which they originally broadcast on January 28, 2006.

Of Montreal will perform a live session for KEXP today at 3 pm EST(12 pm PST). Listen online.

The Chicago Sun Times think Feist is a bit unpolished live. Edit: I don't want to give the impression that the reviewer doesn't like Feist; on the contrary, the reviewer thought Feist's recent performance in Chicago had flashes of brilliance, but actually the reviewer is quite honest(but never brutal) about his criticisms. Having given it a more thorough reading, it's a good review and something I'd like to aspire to in my reviews of shows. I'm honest with my reviews(if I love or just only like a show), but sometimes I follow the "if you have nothing good to say, don't say nothing at all" motto too closely. I won't be spewing up bile about artists/concerts I've gone too anytime soon, but expect more balanced commentary in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment