Sunday, August 22, 2004

Stand Inside Your Love


  • pic from http://www.hindilyrix.com/free-wedding-clipart.htmlMy sister's wedding yesterday pretty much went off without a hitch. But that's coming from someone whose only role during the wedding itself was to carry a candle during the wedding procession, and light a candle on the altar without burning the whole place down. Very complicated. ;-) This was a half Filipino, half Italian wedding, and if you know anything about those cultures, both tend to have large families. My sister told me there were about 350 people there; it was the largest wedding that I've ever been to. My bro' was a groomsmen, my sister the maid of honor, and my two nephews, ring bearer and junior usher/coin bearer respectively. I also had a couple of cousins who were bridesmaids. A family affair indeed. The proud parents on both sides of the family were just that...very proud. The drinks and food were aplenty and the music your standard fare of dance/pop numbers with a good measure of Italian pop songs and slower numbers to please the older folks. Funny, I don't remember hearing YMCA once. Y'know all those sappy love songs that people SAY they hate? Well, they somehow made sense to me for once; maybe I'm getting sappy, but next time I hear YOU listening to one of those songs, I promise not to make fun of you. I still won't be buying any Celine Dion CD's anytime soon, however. And the best song of the night yesterday: ACDC's "Shook Me All Night Long" with such romantic verses as:

    "She was a fast machine
    She kept her motor clean
    She was the best damn woman I had ever seen
    She had the sightless eyes
    Telling me no lies
    Knockin' me out with those American thighs
    Taking more than her share
    Had me fighting for air
    She told me to come but I was already there

    'Cause the walls start shaking
    The earth was quaking
    My mind was aching
    And we were making it and you

    Shook me all night long
    "

    :-)


  • In other news, the King Cobb Steelie site is up and running with some tour dates and a couple of mp3's from the new CD "Destroy All Codes Now".

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment