Thursday, September 16, 2004

Brother


  • The Organ: photo from http://www.604records.com/bands/organ.phpThe PERFECT bill: chartattack reports that The Organ AND controller.controller are going on tour! I've known about this ever since the controller.controller site went through a redesign, and they posted a whack of upcoming shows. I've already stated in the past that controller.controller's "History" EP will definitely be in my end-of-year top 10 list, and The Organ's "Grab That Gun" LP will most definitely be in my year-end list as well. It is a damn fine record! I'm still in the process of absorbing the album but the CD starts off super-swell with the totally amazing "Brother" with its distinct, sharp guitar arrangements. Alot of reviews make comparisons to The Smiths and Joy Division. I guess those comparisons are true but there's still something very fresh about The Organ's songs.


  • Chromewaves beat me to posting this, but at least I know now that Ted Leo's coming back to Toronto for a show at The Mod Club Theatre on December 5. Tickets are $12...But I did predict[more like hope] that Ted might possibly come back to Toronto considering the path his initial tour dates were taking...Three times in Toronto in one year. Ted is the man!


  • Someone at 20hz posts that The Deadly Snakes will be playing Club OV's in Toronto on Friday October 15th, doors at 10pm, tickets $10 at the door.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment