Monday, September 20, 2004

Danny The Dog

Massive Attack: photo from http://www.mcmarketing.at/wiesenpresse/-%20akt.%20WIESENLISTEN%20xls,doc/Archiv%202003/massiveattack/LAUNCH reports that Massive Attack will return with the soundtrack to the new Luc Besson film, "Danny The Dog". The soundtrack will be released on October 11th. The soundtrack consists of 21 separate pieces of music that will run chronologically throughout the film. This hopefully will be some wicked mood music!...Why not checkout the "Danny The Dog" jukebox here.

Billboard reports on the ten finalists set for the Shortlist Prize. The Franz Ferdinand and Wilco albums are my bets, but from left field I could also see Loretta Lynn's album taking the prize.

The TBA tourdates on controller.controller's site for October 21 and 23 look mighty promising for shows in and around my neck o' the woods of Mississauga[ON], considering the October 22 show is in Hamilton[ON]. Hey, and controller.controller HAVE played Mississauga once before which I unfortunately missed. And controller.controller are touring with The Organ. So perfect!

Belle and Sebastian will be selling their own calendar shortly and it will be available for pre-order from www.banchoryshop.net soon. Check out the spiffy photograph that is currently gracing the splash page of their site.

Elvis Costello will be making the rounds this week on the talk show circuit including Sept 22 with Letterman, Sept 23 with Regis and Kelly, and Sept 24 with Conan O'Brien, while The Thrills will also make the rounds appearing Sept 21 with Leno and Sept 24 with Craig Kilborn. Oh, and Wilco with Conan O'Brien, Sept 29. [Info from The Late Night Tv Page.]

I tend to undervalue my own web skills considering how much better other people's sites compare to mine. However, during my first Continuing Education HTML class tonight, I felt like a downright genius compared to others in the class. No, I'm not boasting, just wallowing in the ease of which I coasted through the material covered tonight. Although, I'm sure it'll get more difficult as the course progresses. As I said yesterday, hopefully this'll lead to a career change down the road for me...and also to finally modifying this damn Blogger template!...ps. My second class of the course each week will be on Wednesday, so I'm definitely thinking about checking out the Ben Lee show at The Mod Club Theatre after that class.

No comments:

Post a Comment