Sunday, November 28, 2004

Mellow Down Easy

Holly Golightly: photo from http://www.athensnewspapers.com/stories/100903/roc_20031009027.shtmlSo lately I haven't had a chance to keep up with the reviews of shows I've been to over the last week...so I'm still planning to post comments and photos of the Pixies show at Arrow Hall in Mississauga this past Thursday as well as the Badly Drawn Boy show in Toronto at Palais Royale on Friday. Stay tuned please.

Spent the the afternoon today with a friend checking out the new Vaughn Mills Centre just north of Toronto. What a monstrosity of a mall. I guess the folks up that way need somewhere to shop too. It did have one store called One's which I found interesting; it seemed to be a Japanese-based store with a lot of household items, gifts, toys and a variety of different do-dads. Basically, stuff you'd normally have to go to a Japanese gift shop for.

Now, I'm pondering going down to the Horseshoe Tavern to check out the Holly Golightly show tonight. I picked up her CD "Up The Empire" a couple of months ago. I've read she even made a cameo on The White Stripes "Elephant". She reminds me of a garage-y, bluesier version of Neko Case, although if anything Neko Case could have been influenced by Holly Golightly since Holly's been in the music scene for a good fifteen years. And man, does she know how to belt out a mean sinister blues vocal. Eye has a brief interview with the talented Ms. Golightly.

I have a day off work tomorrow which'll be spent relaxing and finishing(well actually starting and finishing) an assignment for my Dreamweaver course. Oh, procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment