Saturday, January 22, 2005

Coachella, Man!

Coachella ManLet the madness begin! Yesterday Goldenvoice.com sent out an e-mail(which I must have subscribed to at one point last year) that the Coachella presale has now begun. The presale will last until Sunday, January 23rd at 9 PM PST. Given the brutal heat, pain-in-the neck parking situation, expensive concessions, and hard-to-find accommodations[well, this last one's sort of my fault since I left it to the last minute] when my friend and I went to Coachella in 2004, I'd still want to do it again. There was something about being a Canadian on California soil which made it quite a transcendental experience...ok, maybe it was just the heat. Although it did help also that I got to see The Pixies, Radiohead, The Cure, Belle and Sebastian, Death Cab For Cutie, Broken Social Scene and others all in one weekend. I haven't made up my mind about going this year but the full line up will be announced on Monday January 31st. For now though, Burned By The Sun's doing a good job of making a list of rumoured/confirmed Coachella participants. The dates of this year's Coachella are Saturday April 30th and Sunday May 1st. The photo here is one of mine from last year's festival. Ain't it pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment