Friday, January 14, 2005

you are truly special, I like you

SloanThe Sloan article at chartattack today starts off "Feeling a Sloan withdrawl as of late?". Well, that was exactly what I was feeling while I watched Sloan perform "Penpals" on CBC's broadcast of the CanadaForAsia tsunami relief concert. chartattack reports that Sloan will be going into the studio soon to record a couple of new tracks(!), which will be included on an upcoming greatest hits package that'll hopefully be released this summer. There are plans to include some DVD video along with the CD compilation. Yeh! (chartattack says the news was announced on Sloan's official site recently, but the site seems to be mysteriously down at the moment) [photo from http://../]

Took long enough, but there's finally a torrent of Broken Social Scene's free show at Harbourfront(in Toronto, ON) which took place on August 27, 2004. As I indicated in a previous post this was one of my favourite shows of 2004. [torrent link from Largehearted Boy]

Stereogum(via Golden Fiddle) points towards a link to the Luna show at Lee's Palace in Toronto on November 7, 2004, in mp3 format. Yet another one of my favourite shows of 2004.

The Wily Filipino posted a link to some videos of Guided By Voices' show, from the day before their last-ever Chicago show. (man, did that sentence sound ugly.)

And as promised, Pitchfork relaunches! (although at a higher resolution than 800 X 600 pixels, which means for me, damn scrollbars at the bottom of my screen; time to get a new monitor)

No comments:

Post a Comment