Monday, January 03, 2005

The Stars are Insane

StarsStars will be going on a mini-tour(in Canada) in January teaming up with In-Flight Safety for a series of dates in New Brunswick on the 18th, 19th and 20th. Then Stars heads to Halifax for a couple of dates on the 21st and 22nd with Broken Social Scene. At the end of the month, Stars will be playing some dates in Ontario with Gentlemen Reg, including a date in Hamilton, ON at The Casbah on the 27th. [from Soul Shine Magazine...also check out Arts and Crafts] [photo from woxy.com]

And according to Kingblind, "Broken Social Scene, The Dears, Death From Above 1979, and Stars are planning a tour of Japan for May. BSS is also preparing for the release of its third album in March or April, while Stars releases Set Yourself on Fire on March 8 in the US." Can anyone confirm the tour date info? I've checked the artists' site but have turned up nothing to confirm this info. Not like I'd be going to Japan but the lineup just seems too good to be true.

Splendid gets 21-year old Londoner, William B. Swygart, to list his favourite singles released in the U.K. in 2004. I guarantee that you haven't heard half of these (ok, so I haven't heard of half of 'em).

Ben Gibbard lists his favourite music releases of 2004. [from Death Cab For Cutie official site(see Ben Gibbard's January 2, 2005 journal post)]

I'll probably end up buying the "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (Ltd Collector's Edition) DVD tomorrow but the "Harold and Kumar" DVD is also being released as well. And since it's my first day back to work after the holidays, I think I'll need the laughs.

So today I did end up purchasing the recent issue(Fall 2004) of Comes with a Smile at my local Chapters. It is really an attractive publication with a nice layout and beautiful photographs. The $16.95 CDN price tag is a little high, but it does come with a CD of mostly unreleased tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment