Sunday, January 30, 2005

I heard you got action

Pony Up!Received an e-mail from BenLeeNews which said that Montreal band Pony Up! have released their self-titled EP. Seems the girls made an impression on Ben during their tour together last year. The EP is a joint release from Dim Mak Records and Ben's own Ten Fingers Records. The track list is as follows:

01 Shut Up and Kiss Me
02 Minstrel
03 Marlon Brandos Laundromat
04 Swans
05 Matthew Modine
06 Going Nowhere
07 Toy Piano

You can buy it here.

Funny how far a cover photo on eye can go to convincing me to check out an artist I've never heard before. If M.I.A. weren't such an attractive girl, I might have not considered even checking out her live Canadian live debut at The Drake Hotel this Wednesday. Unfortunately, Zoilus says the show's sold out. Aesthetics aside, Zoilus does offer some interesting thoughts about the artist. I was also quite intrigued with the article I read about her in eye. There's also an interesting older article about her over at Nirali Magazine.

Seems like controller.controller aren't wasting any time about performing live on their home turf. After coming back from their U.K. tour which runs through the first couple of weeks in February, a post at 20hz says the band'll be playing at Casbah in Hamilton, ON on March 2. Check out 20hz for other musical goodies(Apostle of Hustle, The Zoobombs, The Sadies, Shonen Knife) in Hamilton planned for the month of March.

And just an addendum to my Metric concert review I posted at the beginning of the week. I think I was wrong about the opener of that show being Jake Fairley. Actually, I think it was Two Koreas. But yes that was still Ian Worang of Uncut playing in the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment