Friday, October 29, 2004

Spooky

The Dears: photo from http://www.filter-mag.com/media/interior.163.htmlchartattack reports that The Dears were handpicked by Morrissey to be the openers for his KROQ show in L.A.

The Libertines self-titled second CD will be reissued with an accompanying DVD of live footage! [From filter magazine.]

I finally get my copy of Matador at Fifteen in the mail today and Pitchfork happens to post a review of it today. Spooky.

Someone at Tiny Mix Tapes likes A Girl Called Eddy. I say, it's about time. I don't hear enough about her in the music press, let alone the blogging community. I highly recommend you do check her CD out...and yes, sad songs say so much.

And as promised, a tracklisting of a Halloween mix CD I put together about 2 or 3 years ago. It always gets me in a Halloween mood. Some Canadian artists' mp3's are provided below; well, actually three are Canadian and the fourth is I think an American band but I can't remember their name.

'Spooky' Tunes

01) Jonathan Richman - Vampire Girl
02) Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hell
03) Suckerpunch - Zap o' Hell [mp3]
04) Groove Ghoulies - Vampire Girl
05) Amazing Royal Crowns - Do The Devil
06) Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet - Zombie Compromise [mp3]
07) Suckerpunch - Witchdoctor
08) Man or Astroman? - King Of The Monsters
09) Garbage - #1 Crush
10) Mazzy Star - Ghost Highway
11) Death In Vegas - Dirge
12) Echo and The Bunnymen - People Are Strange
13) The Cramps - I Was A Teenage Werewolf
14) (?) - It's Halloween [mp3]
15) Yo La Tengo - Can't Seem To Make You Mine
16) Elevator To Hell - Second Conscience [mp3]
17) Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
18) Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet - Shake Some Evil
19) Coal - Last Train To Satanville
20) Tarnation - Like A Ghost
21) Portishead - Theme from "To Kill A Dead Man"
22) The Doors - Riders On The Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment